- Ahmed, S. (2008). "Open Forum: Imaginary Prohibitions: Some Preliminary Remarks on the Founding Gestures of the 'New Materialism.'" European Journal of Women's Studies, 15(1), 23-39.
- Ahmed, S. (2011). Ahmed, Sara, Goldsmiths, University of London Faculty Webpage. Retrieved 7 Sept, 2011, from http://www.gold.ac.uk/media-communications/staff/ahmed/
- Alaimo, S., & Hekman, S. J. (Eds.) (2008). Material feminisms. Bloomington: Indiana.
- Barad, K. (2008 ). "Posthumanist performativity: Toward an understanding of how matter comes to matter." In Alaimo & Hekman, Material feminisms (pp. 120-154).
- Barad, K. M. (2007). Meeting the universe halfway: Quantum physics and the entanglement of matter and meaning. Durham: Duke.
- Bateson, G. (1972 ). "A Theory of Play and Fantasy." In Steps to an ecology of mind: Collected essays in anthropology, psychiatry, evolution, and epistemology (pp. 177-194). San Francisco: Chandler.
- Bateson, G. (1972 ). "Toward a Theory of Schizophrenia." In Steps to an ecology of mind (pp. 201-227).
- Bateson, G. (1972 ). "Double Bind, 1969." In Steps to an ecology of mind (pp. 271-278).
- Bateson, G. (1980). Men are grass: Metaphor and the world of mental process. West Stockbridge: Lindisfarne Press.
- Bateson, N. (2011). An Ecology of Mind, a daughter's portrait of Gregory Bateson. Retrieved 31 Aug, 2011, from http://www.anecologyofmind.com/
- Clarke, A. (2010). “In Memoriam: Susan Leigh Star (1954-2010).” Science, Technology, & Human Values, 35/5: 581-600.
- Despret, V. (2004). "The Body We Care for: Figures of Anthropo-zoo-genesis." Body & Society, 10(2-3), 111-134.
- Ferguson, R. A. (2004). Aberrations in black: Toward a queer of color critique. Minneapolis: Minnesota.
- Further and Higher Education Act (1992). Retrieved 5 Sept 2011, from http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1992/13/contents
- Haraway, D. (2011). “SF: Science Fiction, Speculative Fabulation, String Figures, So Far: The Pilgrim Award Speech,” delivered by DVD in Lublin, Poland, July 7. Video retrieved 31 Aug 2011, from: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25617999/Haraway%20Pilgrim%20Talk.m4v
- Jenkins, H. (2006). Convergence culture: Where old and new media collide. New York: NYU.
- Keeling, K. (2007). The witch's flight: The cinematic, the black femme, and the image of common sense. Durham: Duke.
- King, K. (2011). "Growing boundary objects: among transcontextual feminisms." Presented to the Science & Justice Working Group, at the conference on “The State of Science & Justice: Conversations in Honor of Susan Leigh Star,” University of California, Santa Cruz, June 2-3. Retrieved from http://growbobjects.blogspot.com/
- King, K. (Forthcoming). Networked Reenactments: Stories transdisciplinary knowledges tell. Durham: Duke.
- Latour, B. (2004). "How to talk about the body? The normative dimension of science studies." Body and Society, 10(2/3), 205-229.
- MacArthur Foundation. (2010) Katie Salen discusses Quest to Learn. YouTube Video retrieved 31 Aug 2011 from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHtj6PCpyLQ
- Marx, K. (1990 ). Capital (Vol. 1). London: Penguin.
- Parikka, J. (2011). "Archive for the "Barad" Category." Machinology: Machines, noise, and some media archaeology. Retrieved 7 Sept, 2011, from http://jussiparikka.net/category/barad/
- Salen, K., & Zimmerman, E. (2004). Rules of play: Game design fundamentals. Cambridge: MIT.
- Sandoval, C. (2000). Methodology of the oppressed. Minneapolis: Minnesota.
- Sandoval, C. (2002). "Foreword: AfterBridge: Technologies of Crossing." In G. E. Anzaldua & A. Keating (Eds.), this bridge we call home: radical visions for transformation (pp. 21-26): Routledge.
- Slaughter, S., & Leslie, L. L. (1997). Academic capitalism: Politics, policies, and the entrepreneurial university. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins.
- Slaughter, S., & Rhoades, G. (2004). Academic capitalism and the new economy: Markets, state, and higher education. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins.
- Star, S. L. (Ed.) (1995). Introduction to Ecologies of knowledge: work and politics in science and technology (pp. 1-35). Albany: SUNY.
- Star, L. (2010). "This is Not a Boundary Object: Reflections on the Origin of a Concept." Science, Technology & Human Values 35/5: 601-617.
- ThirdWorldNewsReel. (1995). A Litany for Survival: The life and work of Audre Lorde Trailer. YouTube Video retrieved 4 Sept 2011 from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diHzbQNyO2k
- Urton, G., & Brezine, C. (2009). "What is a Khipu." Khipu Database Project. Retrieved 31 Aug, 2011, from http://khipukamayuq.fas.harvard.edu/WhatIsAKhipu.html
- Undisputed Truth version. "Smiling Faces Sometimes." YouTube Video retrieved 4 Sept 2011 from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV69WBvFGBA
- Zimmerman, E. (2010). Drift, Architectural Proposal, 2010 -- created with Clara Klein & Nathalie Pozzi. Retrieved 31 Aug, 2011, from http://www.ericzimmerman.com/GAMES/Drift.html
A transdisciplinizing posthumanities networks across many knowledge worlds. These do not all share the same practices of citation or the same sets of core and cutting-edge literatures. Indeed some ranges of these knowledge worlds are not located in academies. These citations are wormholes into worlds.
Picture of Gregory Bateson: Barry Schwartz Photography: http://www.barryschwartzphotography.com/gallery.html?gallery=Portraits
Orienteering Family: http://friendsoflangleypark.webs.com/orienteeringtrail.htm
Baila Goldenthal, Cat's Cradle/String Theory: http://bailagoldenthal.com/painting/cats_cradle/cats_cradle.html
Amethyst Geode: http://www.forthejoyofit.com/Joy6_Spiritual/Joy6_Amethyst_Grading.htm
Picture of Donna Haraway in storytelling mode with HistCon advisees June 2011 courtesy of Elena Creef and Yvonne Keller
Odor kit: http://www.perfumeprojects.com/store/1017.shtml
For cat's cradle "nots," picture of Microbial evolution from Visual Complexity: http://www.visualcomplexity.com/vc/project_details.cfm?id=299&index=30&domain=Biology
Artichoke candle photo by Katie King
Starlight Runner Entertainment video: http://starlightrunner.com/